NSClient++ or NSCP as I also call it is an all purpose monitoring agent and broker useful for managing and distributing your monitoring. It started out as a NRPE (Nagios) agent for windows but has evolved into supporting more platform since. In fact it is a bit of a strange beast since to say exactly what it is is a bit difficult as it is a toolbox and it can be used for many things. All features and functions steam around the ability to distribute monitoring results.
It is used by several fortune 50 companies and the defacto windows agent for Nagios and many other monitoring solutions built on top of Nagios. Number of users is very difficult to estimate as there is no “yes I use it” button to click but downloads range in the thousands per week.
The project has its own site at http://nsclient.org where you can find more details.
Last few posts relating to NSClient++
- A walk down memory lane…
- check_cpu with top consumers in NSClient++ (part 1 of 2)
- Video: Simplified Monitoring? from OSMC 2013
- Open Source Monitoring Conference 2013
- A conference to remember…
- NSClient++ for NRPE users
- I will be presenting at Nagios World Conference North America 2013!
- Open Source System Management Conference in Bolzano
- 2.5 points by Sheraton in Bolzano
- Scripting on the Windows side